Tuesday 19 November 2013

Clannad


I first watched Clannad three years ago, before I went to university. The different of characters create the perfect combination of 'slice of life' and fantasy genres. I loved this anime the first time I watched it so I was only too happy to watch it all over again to create a review.

Te anime centres around Tomoya Okazaki, a not so extraordinary  high school student who begins making friends when he decides to help Nagisa Furukawa reform the drama club at school. This friendship creates the base of the story and from there new characters enter.

As I mentioned there are a vast range of characters, all of which have their own little back story. I've criticised anime's before for  having potentially amazing characters yet not expanding on them enough. This is one reason I love this anime, although I would like to know more about some characters (eg Ryou and Kyou Fujibayashi) there is enough insight to keep me satisfied.

A particular favourite character and story line of mine is Fuko Ibuki's. I love a supernatural drama story but placed into this slice of life setting it was a nice little surprise. I hate ruining the story during reviews so I try not to give much away, but there is a superb mix of genres in this anime, including romance (which is always a nice little side story to keep our hearts racing and hoping.)

Another very easy watch and definitely one I would watch again on a rainy day to cheer myself up.

What do you think?
さようなら

No comments:

Post a Comment